The terms below apply to your booking.
When you make a Booking on our website, you will be asked accept these terms and conditions by clicking “I accept” and you will not be able to complete your Booking if you do not do this. This confirms that you accept the terms below. We strongly recommend that you read the terms before accepting.
1. Our Contract
- If you are a consumer (i.e. not dealing as a business with us), Old Drynie House, (we/us) sells all rooms and extras to you subject to these terms.
- A contract is formed between you and Old Drynie House when we issue you with a confirmation email or letter for your booking for room and extras (if applicable). No booking shall be binding on Old Drynie House until we issue you with a confirmation email or letter.
2. Your Booking
- You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part). If you transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) then Old Drynie House will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. We may also refuse to take any further booking from you in the future. In making an Old Drynie House booking, you agree not to use Old Drynie House or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without our prior written consent. Old Drynie House reserves the right to terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking if we believe that you are in full or part breach of this provision.
- You may make a booking on someone else’s behalf. You are responsible for ensuring that any customer in your booking complies with these terms as if that customer had made the booking.
- You can only make a booking if you are 16 years old or over. If you arrive at the hotel and are under 16 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone.
- If staying two or more nights guests must book and occupy the same room(s) each night unless we specifically agree otherwise.
- Sale rates are only available on our website www.drynie.com or via our agents.
- You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking. Subject to section 7, this cannot be changed after making the booking.
3. Rates and Payment
- The rate for each room is as published on our website at the time of your Booking, or, in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
- Guests are requested to pay in cash on arrival.
- Credit Cards will be verified but not charged by Old Drynie House (or any of our booking agents) unless the booking is cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date.
- We will only make refunds to the payment card that you used to make the booking. We will normally credit refunds to your card within 10 days.
4. Check-in and check-out
- You can check-in from 4.00pm (1600) on the scheduled date of arrival and no later than 8.00p.m. (2000). If you wish to check-in outside these times please contact us beforehand.
- You must check-out before 10.00 a.m. (1000) on the scheduled date of departure. If you wish to check-out later then please contact us beforehand.
- Please note we are a Bed and Breakfast and not a Hotel therefore we ask all our guests to vacate the house between 10.00a.m (1000) and 4.00p.m (1600), each day.
Old Drynie House is a non-smoking house – Ashtrays are situated outside on request for guest use. (See clause 8.3)
We do not accommodate children under five years of age
Pets are allowed at Old Drynie House under arrangement, but because of allergies common among guests not in to the living and sleeping accommodation. There is plenty of safe space for your animals to play outside while you exercise them. (See clause 8.4)
- Maximum occupancy for rooms is:
- 2 adults
- 2 adults and 2 children over five years, or 4 adults
- 2 adults
- 2 adults
- We do not permit people under the age of 16 to stay alone in our house. You must not leave children unattended in any rooms or public areas at any times.
- You must not smoke inside the house or interfere with our fire detection system. If you do so we will terminate your booking at our discretion. We are entitled to request the immediate re-payment of our costs during your stay or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our costs. The costs we incur if you smoke in our house include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses.
- No pets in rooms.
- You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we will terminate your booking. We will instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it, we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
- We prefer if you did not consume carry out meals in your room, the smell can linger.
- If you do not comply with paragraphs 2 to 6 when staying at our house we will terminate your booking and require you to leave immediately.
- You may cancel free of charge until 30 days before arrival. You will be charged the total price if you cancel in the 30 days before arrival.
10. Changing your Booking
- With any booking (subject to availability), you may change the length of your stay, the room type and/or the scheduled date of arrival. You must notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival of any changes..
- With any special offer (subject to availability and conditions), you may change the scheduled date of arrival and/or the room type.
- With any special offer you may increase the length of stay, (subject to availability). Payment for any additional nights at rate applicable at the time the amendment was made.
11. Amending and Cancelling Group Bookings
- If you cancel your Group Booking or reduce the number of nights or the number of rooms required, we will not refund any money you have paid to us (including any deposit).
- Subject to availability and payment, you may add any additional night(s) to any Group Booking (after the dates of the original Group Booking) at the rate for the room(s) at the time you make the amendment.
Old Drynie House operates a refund policy if a room is unavailable on arrival (except due to an event beyond our reasonable control, (see section 11.2) then, we will cancel your Booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable room(s) including related extras.
In the event we cannot honour a booking made with us we will find the nearest approximately equivalent offering of Bed and Breakfast and book that for you and that will be the end of the matter. You may of course decline that offering, but by doing so Old Drynie House is released of all obligations regarding your booking with us.
- Statutory Rights: We have tried to ensure that any rights that you as a consumer have that are implied by law into a contract of this type (statutory rights) are not excluded or limited in anyway. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms.
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your Booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- Our Liability: Subject to the remainder of this clause, you should use your own insurance policies to claim the full amount of the loss or damage to your property prior to approaching or pursuing old Drynie House. We are, in certain circumstances set out in the Hotel Proprietors’ Act 1956 (Act), liable for loss or damage to your property. However, in those circumstances, we are only liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. In all other circumstances, our total liability shall not exceed twice the daily rate charged for your Booking. If your Booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used. Old Drynie House aims to provide a safe and secure environment for the duration of your stay and where necessary, will take appropriate security measures. If an incident occurs during your stay, resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property, we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents, this will be evidence that it wasn’t our fault. In those circumstances, our liability is limited to the maximums under the Act. If an incident is referred to the Police authorities, and they draw the same conclusion as us, this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums. We shall not be liable, in any circumstances, for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them. Neither shall we be liable for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your Booking. Where we are liable, we will only be responsible for losses that are a foreseeable result of a breach or negligence, but not otherwise. The loss or damage will be foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or is contemplated by both parties at the time of entering into the contract. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other form of limitation or exclusion prohibited by law or statute.
- Third Party Rights: A party which is not a party to our Contract shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Law: These terms are governed by the laws of Scotland.
- Changes to Terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. The terms applicable to your Booking are those in force on the date of Booking (or amendment, as applicable).
For more information on your statutory rights see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk or call 08454040506
14. Car Parking
Car parking is available at Old Drynie House. Please do not park in front of the garages or restrict access to them as they are in regular use.
15. Questions / Complaints
If you have any question or complaint in relation to your Booking or these terms please go to our website and click on the ‘contact us’ link and we will respond to you as quickly as we can, normally within 5 working days.
The meaning of “Old Drynie House”, “we” or “us” in these terms shall mean Mr and Mrs Mackenzie, Old Drynie House, Kilmuir, North Kessock, Ross-shire, United Kingdom, IV1 3XG.